Mirrors and Pictures
The Hindon Primitive.
Oil on canvas, a view of Hindon High Street and church painted in 1869 by John Becker from his front door, commemorating the last service in the old church before it was demolished and replaced by a new church, funded by the Marquis of Westminster. Also detailing the six bells, their mottos and the bell's benefactors, including William Beckford, the builder of Fontill abbey and one of the greatest 18th century collectors.
width 57", height 34",(140x87cm)